Logistics, like many other aspects of conducting a business, involves the electronic transfer of sensitive information.
While utilizing cyberspace for communicating important information is definitely beneficial for any supply-chain, it is also a potential problem. Where cyberspace simplifies and speeds up communication, it also makes the information communicated vulnerable to cybercrime.
Even brick-and-mortar businesses, such as those providing warehousing and logistics services, are exposed to this risk since they electronically store or communicate important information ranging from business addresses to credit card details.
Efficient warehousing and delivery services invariably involve dealing with multiple partners and third parties. This involves transfer of information, usually electronically. This is where cybersecurity becomes an issue. Some information is more sensitive than the other. Online predators are always looking for weaknesses in a company’s cybersecurity to steal, modify or otherwise misuse sensitive information.
In any case, a good logistics company such as Adams Warehouse & Delivery is well-aware of all potential data risks and takes all the necessary cybersecurity measures to protect the information it holds, processes or shares. From robust firewalls to sophisticated data encryption, we actively protect all data that comes through our systems. It’s one of the many things we do
to provide the best logistics solution in the country.
If you were an inventory, where would you like to be stored? The question may sound hilarious but it gets great answers; answers you would not have come across in your official suite meetings.
Technical employees know inside out about the characteristics of their inventory; whether finished goods, raw materials or work-in-process. Moreover, this knowledge helps them in coming up with a list of basic storage requirements for the inventory. In corporate meetings, the cost-reduction focus often eclipses all these requirements. However, asking this simple question helps the companies think from different angle; hence gaining significant insights. The answers can vary from ‘somewhere accessible’, ‘somewhere safe’, ‘somewhere big’ etc. Once you have the answers, it is time to move on to the next step: selecting the warehousing/storage partner. The choice of storage outsourcing partner is more of a matchmaking task. While selecting the best logistics partner, it is essential to compare the list of services offered by the third party with the requirement list. It may include tiniest of details, but they are definitely worth consideration. Once these requirements are fulfilled; then comes the time to consider and negotiate the cost structure.
Adams Distribution takes every step within its control to ensure your inventory stays completely safe while it is in our hands.
Because we’re on the Gulf Coast, we realize you inventoryneeds protection against even very intense weather, such as hurricanes. Here are some points to keep in mind about our storage warehouse:
- The physical masonry is nearly indestructible. Moisture and wind won’t impact your inventory, no matter how bad the weather gets.
- Fire sprinklers. In the unlikely event of a fire, our warehouses are all fully equipped with sprinkler systems. The fire may damage your inventory, but it won’t be completely destroyed.
- Closed-circuit monitoring. Your inventory is monitored via a closed-circuit central station 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Thieves will have a difficult time even entering our facilities, as they are kept securely locked all hours of the day.
Want to learn more about Adams Distribution? Click here
to see other ways we can help you.
While running any business is a difficult challenge, running logistics companies is a particularly difficult challenge.
However, once you learn how to do it, it becomes like second nature. Fortunately, we at Adams Distribution have been able to become an area leader by taking the right steps and trusting the outcomes will go well. Here are some things we do better than anyone else:
- Personalized customer service. In all cases, we always do the right thing. While we always want you to be happy, the fact is sometimes, this means we might have to upset some of our customers. However, if there’s anything you ever need, please contact us, as it is our goal to work with you towards a fair solution.
- Three physical locations. Each location is constructed to fully withstand all elemental conditions. Regardless of which weather comes our way, you can rest assured knowing your inventory will be safe in our facilities.
Around the Houston area, you’ll find a number of different companies you could work with.
But, Adams Distribution’s Houston warehouse is one that tops ’em all. Here’s what we do better than anyone else:
- Dedication to customer service. Great service and a positive customer experience are a priority at Adams Distribution. You will feel like the center of the universe, from the
start of the process to the finish.
- Comprehensive service offering. We offer a number of value-added services. You’ll have a hard time locating all of the same services at a competing location. Just let us know how, when, and where to help you, and more than likely we have a service to address the issue. (Click here to learn more about us.)
You read the title right – Adams Distribution really does outperform all other storage warehouse companies.
Yes, you really can find the best customer service in the Houston area under the management of Adams Distribution. How can you be sure of this? Learn a couple of methods we use to provide you with real value no othercompany in the area can offer:
- A commitment to doing the right thing. Forget about policy and bureaucracy! Our staff is committed to doing the right thing. We do have policy in place to help our company operate, but we realize not every situation fits nicely into policy. You can expect a reasonable resolution to any concerns you might have.
- Providing value-added services. In addition to warehousing space, Ad
- ams Distribution offers a number of services, including distribution of your goods, merchandise stocking, light assembly, home delivery, and crating and uncrating. As long as you have a need for services related to logistics, we can help – just let us know what you need!
While you are deciding which logistics companies to work with, you will encounter differences between the many players in the market.
Those differences will be subtle at first, but they will come into play in the long run, and those differences will significantly impact the quality of services you receive. Here are some things you may notice with the company’s representative that may come into play in the long run:
- Frustration and impatience. If the representative gets frustrated and impatient and blames you when you ask questions at the first meeting, run, don’t walk away from him or her. When you have issues or concerns later on down the line, the company will blame you and not resolve them.
- Treating you like a number. Did you ever talk to someone who comes off as a robot? He or she can recite everything the company wants him or her to, but you don’t get the sense they actually care about your situation. When it comes time to resolving your situation, they may or may not do so satisfactorily. It’s much better to work with someone who cares about doing the right thing, not following policy.
With the bigger companies, you can get offers or services provided that seem incredible, but you don’t know the true quality of what they offer. With the smaller guys, you can get the same offering, but you receive great service also. Let’s face it, if the small guy doesn’t do a good job, he stands to lose his local reputation, which could ruin his business. To choose the best company to work with, keep in mind the following:
- Do be sure to comparison shop. Comparison shopping is the best way to find the best deal on the market, but don’t just go with the lowest bidder. The cheapest service may also come with the cheapest quality. Instead, consider price, along with how much you trust the individual who was offering you the services. If you get the best price, but an untrustworthy individual, it will cost more time and money than someone requesting a higher price, but who also acts in a more trustworthy manner. It sounds simple, but not everyone who seeks a new service keeps this point in mind.
- Check the quality of their facilities. Make sure the company you are considering working with has electronic inventory tracking, automatic sprinklers, and a security system in place. These options seem standard, but the fact is not everyone offers them, and not every company uses them to your full advantage.
You may or may not be aware you are in need of warehouse logistics services.
It’s easy to think you can just put in a few more hours and do everything on your own. Or, maybe you have a friend in need of some work, and you could just train him to do the job. But, the fact is you should instead use warehouse logistics services. Why? The answer is because there’s nothing like having a professional do the job. Sure, it costs more than hiring a friend or doing it yourself, but companies who have trained their personnel to perform the services do a much more effective job than you would on your own. If there is just too much for you to do on your own, then it’s time to find not just any help, but professional help. Consider Adams Distribution’s help when you know there is too much work for you and your current staff to handle. ou may or may not be aware you are in need of warehouse logistics services. It’s easy to think you can just put in a few more hours and do everything on your own. Or, maybe you have a friend in need of some work, and you could just train him to do the job. But, the fact is you should instead use warehouse logistics services.
The answer is because there’s nothing like having a professional do the job. Sure, it costs more than hiring a friend or doing it yourself, but companies who have trained their personnel to perform the services do a much more effective job than you would on your own. If there is just too much for you to do on your own, then it’s time to find not just any help, but professional help. Consider Adams Distribution’s help when you know there is too much work for you and your current staff to handle.
When you are investigating various value-added services offered by a Houston warehouse, you may be wondering what some of the better companies offer.
Not every company offers the same services, and many cannot perform them to the level Adams Distribution does. Here are some value-added services you might consider as you think about working
with Adams Distribution:
- Warehousing and distribution. You are searching out the services of a warehouse, so this is what you would expect to find! Be sure to ask detailed questions about their process and how they resolve customer issues and concerns. The company that responds in a way which earns your trust is the one to work with.
- Pooled distribution. A great company can receive shipments of inventory, merge or separate them as necessary, and then provide the distribution service for you. Ask the company you are considering working with how they have handled pooled distribution in the past to learn if they can handle the needs you have.
Adams Distribution can provide both of these services to you. When you give us a call or stop in, be sure to ask us how we can help in regard to these services.