Adams Distribution is one of the leading third party logistics companies (Click here to learn more about us) in the Houston area.
With our services, you can edge out the competition, no matter how far ahead they might seem. But, we have a long list of clients who continuously use our services – it’s hard to get a hold of us. As a result, as soon as you foresee a need, you should contact us and let us know how we can help.
Our emphasis on customer service is what sets us apart from the competition. You will quickly notice our goal is to do the right thing, regardless of the circumstances or consequences to our business. That’s why our customers stay with us for so long – they know they’ll have a hard time getting a similar experience anywhere else.
There are many third party logistics companies you can choose from throughout the Houston area.
So, why would you want to choose Adam Distribution when there are so many different choices available? There are two main reason why you might want to do so:
- Value-added services. No other warehouse in the area offers so many value-added services. From light assemble and kitting, to merchandising and home delivery, Adams
Distribution has you covered no matter what you need.
- A tightly-controlled facility. Our facility is monitored by closed-circuit camera, contains an automatic sprinkler system, and also has an electronic inventory. No matter what type of situation arises, you can rest assured, knowing your inventory is safe.
Adams Distribution’s storage warehouse services include many of the typical services you would expect – distribution, warehousing, and light assembly.
But, those aren’t the only services offered. In fact, there are additional services offered at Adams Distribution you will have a difficult time locating anywhere else:
- Merchandising. Do you have a sudden influx of inventory you need placed on your shelves? Do you not have the staff available to perform the service within the necessary time frame? If so, you might benefit from Adams Distribution’s merchandising service, where we handle all of those tasks for you.
- Home delivery. If you deliver goods straight from your home, Adams Distribution is happy to deliver the product straight to your home. Our highly-trained deliverymen know how to drop off your goods without causing any disturbance to your neighbors.
If you are still considering which warehouse to work with, consider whether or not other companies you are examining provide these services in addition to the standard warehouse services you would expect. Adams Distribution does, so you can be sure you are never left in a situation you can’t handle.
Adams Distribution prides itself in providing the best customer service around, but unfortunately, not all logistics companies work that way.
If you are still comparing Adams
Distribution to its competitors, be sure to check the other logistics companies you are considering for the following warning signs they may not be good to work with:
- They don’t answer your questions clearly or directly. If you ask them a question, especially one about how they resolve concerns or problems, and they can’t provide you with a clear, direct response, they’re probably not a great company to work with. When you do have a concern down the road, they will get angry or upset with you for not understanding, and they probably won’t help you resolve the concern successfully.
- They don’t have the time to answer your questions. The company treats you more like a number than a customer. You ask questions and while they don’t get angry or upset, they do seem to be in a rush, ready to move on to the next thing. If you feel like you are almost forcing them to talk to you, then it’s probably a better idea to move on.
If you talk with Adams Distribution, you will receive the best customer service available. Just give us a call or stop by our Houston location to learn how we can help you.
As you conduct a search for warehouse logistics, you’ll come across some who are attempting to provide the best service possible, while there are others who are just there for the money.
How do you tell the difference between someone who’s really great to work with and someone who’s less than stellar? Read the tips below to learn more:
- How communicative are they?
When you first have questions about a company’s service, be sure to give them a call. If their staff is easy to get a hold of, and if you request a return call, make sure they call you back in a timely fashion. If you fall through the cracks now, you can guess what their customer service will be like later on.
- What is their fee schedule? Fees are to be expected with every company. However, if the fees the company you are considering are unclear or difficult to understand, then you might consider working with someone else. Unclear fees give the company a significant amount of power over you when it comes to billing.
Logistics companies in the Houston area have to be a little stronger than the typical warehouse.
While it is a great place to live, Houston also has the unfortunate dis
advantage of being susceptible to hurricanes. As a result, it’s important to work with a warehousing company that has a physical location which can handle the intensity of hurricanes. Here are some things Adams Distribution does in order to make sure the inventory kept within its warehouses stays safe:
- Nearly indestructible masonry construction. The masonry composing Adams Distribution’s three warehouses is nearly indestructible. When those high winds arrive, you can feel secure, knowing they won’t knock the building down and destroy your inventory.
- Complete sprinkler solutions. If the inventory at one of our locations were to somehow catch fire, keep in mind each facility is fully outfitted with a sprinkler system. The damage caused will be minimized, or even prevented entirely.
If you are running a startup company that suddenly has a large influx of inventory, you may not be aware of the different ways a warehouse logistics company adds value to your bottom line.
Here are some services companies standing ahead of the pack offer:
- Automation. A company who is particularly on the leading edge of the logistics industry offers automated inventory transportation. The benefit to you? You know they have the capacity to handle your products.
- Pool distribution. A great company can handle multiple deliveries of inventory from different shipping companies and the combine all those shipments into one large outgoing one. You can save significantly on costs when this happens.
- Assembly. Many, but not all providers of logistics services will help you with light assembly. If you have a sudden influx of inventory, you may have to hire temporary staff or have current staff work overtime, which your bottom line may not be able to handle.
Third party logistics companies offer a number of benefits to businesses that simply cannot afford to build their own warehouse, but the benefits don’t end there.
An excellent logistics company also offers a number of value added services. If you are a company looking to enhance your physical storage capabilities or improve your bottom line, consider what an outsourced logistics service can do for you:
- Provide you with physical storage space you only pay for when you actually need it. You might construct that space when you believe your company is heading in the right direction, but what if business suddenly slows down? Now you’re stuck with a huge building you don’t need and all the associated costs!
- Offer light assembly services. If you have a sudden influx of product, but not enough people available to assemble it, many third party logistics companies have the ability to perform light assembly jobs. This saves you the time it takes to hire and manage temporary staff.
- Merchandising. If you have a large store and many products that suddenly need to be stocked, a great logistics provider has the ability to help you with this urgent issue.